InfoCloud Solutions Offerings
Thomas brings his 19 years of professional IT and Web experience to focus providing unbiased advice for you on easing information and media use to those people wanting and needing it.
The services focus on relatively short engagements. We think in days not months. The value is getting you smarter through training then advising you and your team as questions arise and second opinions, or safety nets are needed.
InfoCloud Solutions provides consulting, advising, and training services in the following areas:
- Establishes baseline of social use
- Improves understanding of social computing for enterprise
- Advises on fit for Enterprise 2.0 tools in an organization
- Guides through options for internal and external facing possibilities
- Evaluates and maps solutions that fit an organization's needs and desires
- Provides broad organization understanding and sets a foundation
- Helps evaluate technology solutions to buy, integrate, and/or build
- Ensures the focus is on meeting the variety of user needs
- Identifies and helps put focus on the derived value gained from use
- Focuses on easing adoption for broad and successful use of the tools
- Works with customer to get the most from their software vendor to achieve the best solution that meets their customer's needs
- Provides methods for monitoring, analyzing, and interacting with people using the services
- Understanding and using folksonomy/tagging
- Designing and developing for the "Come to Me Web"
- Designing/architecting for cross-device use
- Improving use and reuse of your information
- Enhancing interaction design for ease of use
- Product assessment
- Social networking
- Drives personal value first
- Helps focus on broad range of user motivations with clarity
Perceptions Matrix & Elements of Social Software
- Offers optimal analysis, understanding, strategy, and guidance for thinking through social computing efforts
- Breaks down the complexity from broad user perspectives into small elements that lead to positive actions
- Helps to clearly identify the value derived from various use perspective
- Provides a model for clearly thinking through adoption and conversion needs
- Delivers the means to identify patterns of use with their supporting features and functionality
Thomas' goal is to get you smarter on the subject matter by providing a head start on understanding the subject matter, to the point where you can identify and answer the "it depends" moments. Training includes...
- The presentations are up to 90 minutes of overview on a subject. The goal is providing high level understanding to open up thinking about possibilities. [Samples of public presenations are available at Thomas Vander Wal's shared presenations on SlideShare]
- The workshops are in-depth hands-on (usually paper interaction) to cement understanding of the subject matter and concepts. The workshops provide a solid foundation through sharing knowledge and understanding through dialogue, and often include groups projects.
The goal is to help you achieve success through providing support, mostly through advising and providing direction.
- Helps you through the rough spots when additional expertise is needed and helps identify things that may have been missed in the solutions.
- Strategy and road maps are part of the services provided. Consulting also provides assessment of resources needed (staffing and tools) for a successful project/product.
Packages combine training with advising/consulting to provide best value.
- Day with an Expert
- The day with an expert includes a presentation (up to 2 hours with Q&A) to set a foundation and the remainder of the day in small groups in discussion and more directed questions and answers.
- Elements Package
- Includes: "Day with an Expert", 3 days to be used within 4 months for advisement or consultation as client wishes, and a 5 page high-level project road map document.
- Foundation Package
- Includes: Full-day workshop; 6 days to be used within 6 months for advisement, consultation, or presentations, as client wishes; and 5 page high-level project road map document.